The Scholarship is being established to recognize and honor the legacy of Suzie Sime, a retired Reading and Social Studies Teacher and long-time Theatre Director at the Eden Prairie High School. Suzie was always about giving students more opportunities to perform and participate. Suzie started the popular Trajectories which allows students the opportunity to write, direct and choreograph their own shows; Suzie added a Winter Play and a second Spring Show; Suzie started the Summer Drama Camp program; and, she ran the Box Office for the musicals and oversaw the intricacies of ticket sales.
Scholarship Recipient Criteria:
To be eligible for the Suzie Sime Theater Scholarship, the student applicant:
1) Must be involved in the Eden Prairie High School Theater Program as either an Actor or Techie;
2) Must hold a minimum GPA of 3.0;
3) Must be planning to pursue higher education (2 to 4 year degree program from an accredited college or university);
4) Must provide a list of productions in which the student has been involved (in descending order beginning with the most recent) and the role the student played in each; and,
5) Provide a 500-1,000 word essay addressing how the student embodies the same spirit and passion for theater arts as Suzie Sime — the importance of her dedication to inclusion and providing opportunities for all to pursue their dreams.
The Scholarship must be used for a post-secondary 2- to 4-year program at an accredited 2- or 4-year college/university.
This is a $1,000 scholarship that will be awarded to an Eden Prairie High School Senior in May each year. This scholarship is administered by the Foundation for Eden Prairie Schools.
To apply for The Suzie Sime Theater Scholarship:
Students must complete the Multi-Scholarship Application through the Career Resource Center at Eden Prairie High School by the deadline date outlined in the application, must include an official transcript, and at least one letter of recommendation. Only information contained in the application will be considered.