The Matheson Family Technical School Scholarships were established in 2015 through the generosity of Paul and Bev Matheson.
These scholarships were created to expand opportunities for a post-secondary education for students pursuing a degree at a technical or vocational college. Scholarships will be awarded to two (2) students who demonstrate their desire for a technical or vocational education.
Are You a Good Potential Applicant?
This scholarship is awarded to a graduating Eden Prairie High School senior who will:
- Attend any a program, at least 18 months in length that should lead to an associate’s or other technical degree. Programs that lead to a 4 year program will also be considered but is not required. This could include programs like dental technician or veterinarian technician, for example.
Award Amount: One time award of $2,500, non-renewable to two (2) students.
How to Apply:
Applications are due April 15th. A committee will choose the recipients and the scholarships will be awarded at the EPHS Senior Community Scholarship Awards night on May 19th.
Step 1: Get a letter of recommendation from a teacher. This scholarship requires a letter of recommendation. Letters of recommendation currently in SCOIR will be used. If you do not have a letter of recommendation in SCOIR, one must be uploaded by a teacher or emailed to Ms. McNamara Elizabeth_mcnamara@edenpr.k12.mn.us by April 15, 2023 at 3pm.
Step 2: Complete the Matheson Scholarship Application by April 15th at 3pm.
Current & Past Recipients:
- 2021 Daniel Georgioff and Brendan Jennen
- 2020 Alexa Lindgren and Valentin Bostan
- 2019 Alex Garcia and Axel Garcia
- 2018 Jared Boline and Morgan Mulligan
- 2017 Agata Ilevic and Benjamin MacGibbon
- 2016 Ikram Ali and Matthew Fischer
- 2015 Amarjit (Amy) Mand and Christopher Wivholm