Originally established in June 2013, as an outgrowth of their 40th high school class reunion, Class of 1973 offer this scholarship to honor a student who exemplifies the “spirit” of EPHS. The recipient of this scholarship must demonstrate his/her dedication to EPHS through success in academics, active involvement and leadership in extra-curricular activities, and commitment to volunteerism. Additionally, the applicant must intend to pursue a major in the people helping profession of Social Work or Psychology/Counseling.
Are You a Good Potential Applicant?
This scholarship is awarded to a graduating Eden Prairie High School senior who will:
- Attend a 4 year post secondary school in the field of Social Work or Psychology/Counseling.
- Actively participates in school, community and voluntary activities
- Maintains a minimum grade point average of 3.5
- Demonstrates initiative and leadership in his/her academics, extra-curricular involvements, and voluntary efforts
- Write an essay – The essay question is twofold. There is no right or wrong answer, but please include the following components in your response:
1) What fuels your passion to pursue Social Work or Psychology as a field of study/ career?
2) Why should the committee select you for this scholarship? (Perhaps highlight coursework, extracurriculars, or volunteer work that demonstrate your commitment to the profession of Social Work/ Psychology?)
Award Amount: One-time award of $1,000, non-renewable.
How to Apply:
The application process will take place through Eden Prairie High School’s Multi-Scholarship Application process. Applications are open December through February. A committee will choose the recipient and the scholarship will be awarded at the EPHS Senior Community Scholarship Awards night on May 19th.
Step 1: Get a letter of recommendation from a teacher. This scholarship requires a letter of recommendation. Letters of recommendation currently in SCOIR will be used. If you do not have a letter of recommendation in SCOIR, one must be uploaded by a teacher or emailed to Ms. McNamara Elizabeth_mcnamara@edenpr.k12.mn.us by February 6, 2023 at 3pm.
Step 2: Complete the Multi-Scholarship application through EPHS’s online SCOIR system. The application form can be found in your My Drive in the student SCOIR portal. The application form is available from December 19 through February 6,2023.
Current & Past Recipients:
- 2022 Anna Maristela
- 2021 Sylvia Skattum
- 2020 Jadan Morgan Fix
- 2019 Nealeigh Carbone
- 2018 Rachelle Johnson
- 2017 Brendan Weed
- 2016 Noelle Ballantine
- 2015 Jon Mehlhaus
- 2014 Abbey Wright