The Chris Wivholm Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of Chris Wivholm, who graduated from Eden Prairie High School in 2015. He was proud to receive the Matheson Family Technical School Scholarship from the Foundation for Eden Prairie Schools.
Chris was a beautiful person inside and out and is remembered as the best son and friend one could have. He traveled the world with his family and was fond of cars and writing rap songs. While in high school, Chris participated in football, baseball and basketball. He wore his Eden Prairie uniform with pride around the world when travelling. On the other hand, Chris had a challenging life. He touched so many with his big heart and sense of humor in such a short period. His life was cut short just after turning twenty-one. More of Chris’ story can be found at www.chriswivholm.org.
Are You a Good Potential Applicant?
Chris Wivholm Memorial Scholarship will recognize an Eden Prairie Senior who:
- Persevered and graduated in spite of struggle with personal issues or illness including Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder
- Will pursue post-secondary education in the field they choose
Award Amount: One-time award of $1000, non-renewable.
How to Apply:
- The application process will take place through Eden Prairie High School’s Multi- Scholarship Application process.
- Please complete the Multi-Scholarship application through EPHS’s online Naviance system. The system is available from December – February.
- This scholarship requires a letter of recommendation. Letters of recommendation currently in Naviance will be used. If you do not have a letter of recommendation in Naviance, one must be uploaded by a teacher.
- This scholarship requires an additional essay. Write an essay that tells us about yourself, your family, your story of addiction or other health issues, and how you are working to overcome it. The essay is part of the application through the EPHS online Naviance system.
- Applications are due by 3:00 p.m. on February 7, 2020.
- A committee will choose the recipient and the scholarship will be awarded at the Community Scholarship Awards night in May.
This scholarship is administered by the Foundation for Eden Prairie Schools. www.FoundationforEPSchools.org.
Current & Past Recipients:
- 2021 Bryn Stewart
- 2020 Jasmine Zara Carter
- 2019 Mollie Larson