FEPS Awards $12,000 in Community Grants:
Five Local Organizations Selected to Receive Funding
– The Foundation for Eden Prairie Schools (FEPS) today announced the recipients of FEPS Community Grants totalling $12,000. FEPS received a record number of grant application requests this year, and narrowed it down to 5 organizations that will each receive a portion of the $12,000.
The five organizations selected are:
- Ready! For Kindergarten submitted by Eden Prairie Community Education Early Childhood Programs
- My Book Day submitted by The Eden Prairie Noon Rotary
- MoveFwd Youth Counseling Program submitted by MoveFwd
- Eden Prairie TreeHouse Friday Tutoring Sessions submitted by TreeHouse
- YMCA Youth and Family Services at Briarhill Apartments submitted by YMCA of the North.
FEPS Grants and Recognition Chair, Liz Dayton, commented that “the FEPS Board of Directors was very impressed with the quality and quantity of the community grant applications they received this year. In staying in line with our mission, we chose these five organizations because of their work locally with our Eden Prairie students in the areas of school readiness, literacy, emotional and mental health support, and support and assistance with virtual learning and tutoring.”
Suzanne Kutina, FEPS Chair of the Board, noted that “the selection process took into account how the applicants were shifting services to address learning and support for students during the Covid-19 pandemic, as well as, the organizations’ ability to address racial justice and equity in their programs.”
FEPS 2020 Community Grant recipients will use the funds to support their programming needs between now and July 1, 2021.
ABOUT FOUNDATION FOR EDEN PRAIRIE SCHOOLS
Foundation for Eden Prairie Schools is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization comprised of a volunteer board sharing a common passion for excellence in Eden Prairie Schools. The organization’s mission is to support and enhance the legacy of excellence in Eden Prairie Schools by funding grants that impact students, managing college scholarships awarded to Eden Prairie High School students, and honoring individuals who make a difference. To date, Foundation for Eden Prairie Schools has awarded over $1 million dollars to support Eden Prairie Students. For more information, visit www.foundationforepschools.org.