The Foundation for Eden Prairie Schools (FEPS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a part-time Executive Director and
an active volunteer Board of Directors. Our mission is to support and enhance the legacy of excellence in Eden Prairie Public Schools.
Our primary goals are to:
- Provide financial support for programs enhancing student learning opportunities.
- Work with Eden Prairie Schools to invest in students, staff and programs, where needs aren’t being met through other channels.
- Recognize and honor outstanding students, alumni, volunteers, teachers and staff, and those who have a significant impact on students’ education.
- Administer major gifts and scholarships pursuant to donor guidelines.
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: FEPS Executive Director
PART-TIME: 10 hrs/week Hours are flexible. Some evenings/weekends
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This quarter-time administrative assistant will support day-to-day operation. Responsibilities include administrative support, database management, donation management, Website/Social Media support, communications and general office support.
Most of the work can be done during the day, from home, yet some time in the FEPS office may be required. Attendance at FEPS Board meetings are required (3rd Monday of most months) as well as FEPS events which often occur in the evening.
- Process incoming mail: (check several times each week)
- Respond/Route/File to appropriate person
- Respond to voice mail messages and emails or forward to ED for handling
- Maintain Organizational Archives
- Assist with Board Meetings:
- Reserve rooms for board meetings, communicate with board members
- Prepare room for board meetings, arriving early to make sure all documents are ready for viewing during meeting
- Upload Board Meeting Minutes, Board Policies and other materials to website
- Manage all incoming donations
- Forward emails or scanned checks to ED, Treasurer, Salesforce manager for recording
- Inform Treasurer when checks are available for deposit
- Electronically store all donation records
- Send thank-you acknowledgement to all donors for donations received via online, mail, email
- Update Salesforce with any new donor contact information
Website/Social Media Support
- Ensure Social Media information/content is current, accurate and relevant
- Make sure FEPS has a presence on Social Media especially liking, retweeting, commenting on any EP School and EP Community related tweets, posts
- Proofread reports and written documents for grammar, punctuation and spelling errors.
- Assist in creation of electronic newsletters, annual report
Perform additional tasks as directed by the Executive Director
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Microsoft Office Suite, CRM and social media platform fluency—Salesforce experience a plus
- Experience with website management preferred – WordPress experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited educational institution, preferred
- Previous work experience in a non-profit organization, preferred
- Extremely strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- A passion for public education
- Familiarity with Eden Prairie Schools and the Eden Prairie Community preferred
Send a cover letter, resume and references via email to Suzanne Kutina email@example.com
Applications will be accepted through October 5th, 2018.